Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Tagged

Thank you, Swishy for the honor of allowing me to tell people even more things about myself. You don't make it easy. No rules. Just 5 interesting things you don't already know about me.

So here it goes:

1. I actually enjoy reading about events, new procedures and policies, and annual reports surrounding issues in accounting. This is kind of funny since I am so not your typical geek accountant. I don't go around spouting everything I have learned to prove to others my intelligence. I quietly use the knowledge I have gained on my own to enable me to work smarter. I haven't worked over 40 hours a week in more than 10 years because I am very good at applying what I have learned through reading.

2. I like to have silence in the morning when I am getting ready for work. That means no talking, no TV and no radio. I don't like starting my day off listening to all the bad things that happened overnight. To end my day, I enjoy sitting on the sofa with a glass of wine and talking with a friend about everything and nothing.

3. I like going to movies by myself. I can sit wherever I want, laugh when I want, cry when I want and get up and leave it the movie stinks. I started doing this when I moved to Charlotte, NC back in the 1980's because I didn't know anyone and I wanted to go to the movies. Noon matinees are typically the best for practically private showings of movies. I highly recommend it to anyone who needs to learn how to do things on their own.

4. I don't like confrontation. I will find any way I can to find a way around bad news before I have to deliver it.

5. My friends mean the world to me. If you become one of my close friends, you become my family. When I count my blessings, I count my friends twice.

I am so full of cough medicine and nyquil I can barely see the screen. Tomorrow morning I have a breakfast interview - a greasy spoon near a college campus. Should be extremely interesting. I will be myself with just a little more bubble than ususal. Good karma is appreciated! Thanks all that have been wishing me luck on my interviews so far!

7 comments:

Swishy said...

Great stuff!

Good luck with the interview!

Neil said...

Take care of yourself. No chicken soup?

Two Roads said...

Neil, that would entail me driving to my parents' house and getting the soup. I haven't mastered the recipe well enough to have some in the freezer in times like these. Thanks for the well wishes.

Viscountess of Funk said...

Hi TR:
I hope you feel better soon. I also don't like noise in the a.m., and I go to movies by myself all the time. In fact, although I am the opposite of quiet and shy, I enjoy a lot of time alone, more than most would think. Fills the fuel tank, I say.

Take it easy, good luck on the interview!

Two Roads said...

VOF - I too am the opposite of quiet and shy and still need that refueling time each and everyday not only in the morning but the evening too.

Paperback Writer said...

I like having the news on, just so I know what the weather will be during the day and then I switch to music. It helps me get ready for the morning - which I hate.

Two Roads said...

PW - the weather channel is only acceptable during the winter for obvious reasons. Really the preference is silence in the morning.