Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Let's talk

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
Hubert Humphry

"What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do."
John Ruskin

"If you don't know where you are going, you will probably end up somewhere else."
Laurence J. Peter

"A lifetime is more than sufficiently long for people to get what there is of it wrong."
Unknown

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."
Douglas Adams

"I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow."
Woodrow Wilson

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them."
George Bernard Shaw

2 comments:

Paperback Writer said...

Excellent quotes!

Two Roads said...

Thanks PW! I like collecting quotes that inspire. I typically will even refer to them when I am writing.