Thursday, August 31, 2006

So How did I do?

My first Link. Oh dear, I am - becoming a computer techie. SHHHHHHHH, please don't tell my friends and neighbors. This list was brought to by a request from Manic Mom - my blog mentor: Manic Mom's Mental Myriads: I Am I Want

I Am.
.anal about trash being present when I have guests in my house.
.adored by my niece and nephew and this brings me much happiness.
.the responsible child in my family always insuring everyone knows about holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, parties, etc.
.tired of being unemployed.
.tired of recruiters who don’t know what they are doing.
.happy that I have a great group of friends.
.selfish at times.
.giving most of the time.

I Want.
.chocolate raspberry truffle ice cream from Bruster’s .
.a job that doesn’t involve working with a micromanager.
.less stress.
.my parents to retire and take it easy – they’ve worked too long and too hard.
.the money to enable my parents not to work.
.to win the lottery.
.my best friend to move back to Atlanta and stop this nonsense with a woman he’s not even attracted to.
.XM or Sirrius radio for my car.
.furniture for my spare bedroom so that it looks like a bedroom and not an office.
.less split ends.
.a cook, housekeeper and chauffer.
.hardwood floors and Persian rugs.
.to travel the USA.
.to live, laugh and love.
.to be chased and captured by the man who falls madly in love with me and all my wants, needs desires, flaws, smile, laugh, intelligence and soft body to melt into.
.to learn something new everyday.
.to learn Spanish.
.take ballroom and salsa dancing lessions.

I Should.
.be reading my Sarbanes-Oxley books and getting certified instead of figuring out how to configure blog pages.
.be sitting at the pool my friend just had installed but I’ll wait until my house sitting gig begins on Friday.
.go to the gym since the money is coming out of my checking account.
.not let my eating be controlled by my emotions.
.wear more sunscreen.
.not drive so fast.

I Need.
.a new wardrobe.
.to be motivated to lose those 20lbs
.to find the possible so that I can have the sex.
.to remember the names of the good cabernets that I enjoy drinking so that I can buy them again.
.to start making my own meals again.
.to stop eating out everyday.
.spend more time with my parents (Mom – 74, Dad – 76 – married 53 years).
.good karma.
.more curl to my hair.
.to tile the backsplash in my kitchen.
.to pick out the tile to tile the backsplash in my kitchen.
.to be out networking in order to find my next job.
.to be less shy even though I'm extroverted.
.window treatments for my living room.
.to learn Spanish.

I Did.
.have a great interview today for a job that actually appeals to me.
.make a new friend through blogging.
.tell the people I care about how much I appreciate them.

I Didn't
.cry today.

Tags: , , , ,

3 comments:

Paperback Writer said...

I don't know. I think you did a good job! I like the new template, by the way!

Two Roads said...

I was referring to being able to link to someone else's site.

Thanks for the cudos on the site - I'm trying to get the most out of the space allotted with the little I can figure out from all the coding I have to change.

Paperback Writer said...

That too. ;)