Saturday, December 16, 2006

I'm a big shot now


Well I made it through two days on my job and didn't get mad at anyone. I went to lunch with my bosses and they actually listened. I still have to prove myself to the consultant but I think he will be pleasingly surprised on Monday when he sees how I've revamped a few things. For now I am in an office the size of a small effeciency apartment. That location will be short lived when they make some seating changes. Besides I'm on the opposite of the building from my staff and the ladies room. I'm 5'10" and I like wearing 2-3 inch heels but the pumps are a killer when you have to walk for an extended period of time or distance. Needless to say, I had a few blisters by the end of the day. It's nice to be productive again.

2 comments:

Paperback Writer said...

Oh, dear. I'm such a dwarf. :)

Lisa said...

Two Road:
Congratulations on your new job!

I knew you had it in you!

Word to the wise: Spend at least $100 from your first paycheck on a decent pair of shoes that won't hurt your feet. You'll thank me later.