Saturday, October 14, 2006

Appreciation

Just a little update on my online status. On September 7, 2006, I reported in my post You found Me that Technorati had me ranked at 1,088,701. I am happy to report as of today I am currently ranked 352,932. Now I truly find it amazing that in the short period of 6 weeks I have jumped almost 736,000 spaces. I have to say that I have met many nice people in the short time I have been blogging. I know people are really conscious about checking out their reports and seeing who's stopping by, how many times they hit your site and who's lurking around. I'm not one of those people.

I have found a tiny voice for myself in my blog. I have made a conscious effort to post everyday. Some things have not exactly been provocative or thought stimulating and other posts I hope have piqued your interest. I believe my blog has allowed me to keep my sanity during this time of unemployment. Blogging at first was a distraction. Now I truly do enjoy just putting thoughts or observations out there. One concession I have not made is to tell my friends and family I have a blog.

I told one friend early on and since I very rarely check my reports I don't know if she lurks by or not. It's ok if she does because she knows much of what goes on in my life anyway. There is always a twinge that happens inside me though when I think I might put something out there that I have kept to myself and really want to listen to a truly unbiased opinion. I do believe I made the right decision not to say anything to anyone else though. However there were many times during my trip to Naples that I almost slipped. It's hard to talk about what's happening on the internet without mentioning blogs especially when talking with teenagers.

I must say I didn't know if I could do this daily but somehow someway something pops in my head and I put it into words right here. I am not a writer by any means but I do like putting my thoughts down to clear my head. The best part is you guys have become the unbiased sounding board that everyone needs once in awhile.

1 comment:

Two Roads said...

Thanks Neil. It is a pleasure to have stop by and put another twist to my thoughts!